At the beginning of the Accreditation cycle (based on a 10-year schedule), a school/center is encouraged to analyze and assess its own functions, its educational effectiveness, and its strengths and weaknesses through an in-depth Self-Study involving the entire school community. This reflective process helps a school plan and prioritize how it will maintain its strengths and correct its weaknesses, thus improving its level of educational quality and the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
A Self-Study is normally prepared within the year prior to a school/center's scheduled CTCI Visiting Team evaluation, but some institutions may choose to take more time.
As of spring 2017, CTCI schools/centers use NEASC's online accreditation portal to input the Self-Study report.
Select your preferred file format to view/download:
- Suggested timeline for a successful decennial Self-Study and Visit: pdf | doc
- Self-Study Report Table of Contents: pdf | doc
- Introduction to Sections Two and Five of the CTCI Self-Study Report: pdf | doc
- Sample School and Community Summary Report: pdf | doc
- Self-Study Narratives for Academic Departments: pdf | doc
- Self-Study Narratives for Technical Programs: pdf | doc
- Continuum of Terms for Writing Conclusions: pdf | doc
- FAI Report Template: pdf | doc
Template for recording Focus Areas of Improvement within self-study conclusion
- FAI Report Sample: pdf | doc
Sample FAI Report for use within school self-study report conclusion
- Vision of the Graduate: pdf | ppt